Participants in this project receive activities and services that will lead them to self sufficiency through increased income as a result of obtaining training and employment. Program components include:
- Comprehensive Case Management
- Work Readiness Training
- Sponsorship of Specialized Skills Classes, and Apprenticeships
- Support Services
- Senior Assistance Program
- Basic Computer Training Classes (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and set up email) are provided.
- Specialized Training (Less than one year), work towards an industry recognized certificate or degree in high demand careers i.e. HVAC, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Certified Nurse’s Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Customer Service, Forklift Training, Medical Technician, CDL and Heavy Equipment are a few occupational trainings that could be provided in cooperation with local certified providers.
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training consists of on-site training with area employers to further enhance employability skills as well as create an opportunity to obtain employment. Apprentices work 40 hours per week for up to 8 weeks and earn $10 per hour.
- Offsite ESL Classes – (Citizenship) – English as a Second Language program is to improve the students’ level of English. ESL classes will teach different language skills, depending on Students’ English abilities, interest, and needs. Students will be taught conversational English, grammar, reading, listening comprehension, writing, and vocabulary.
- Money Management Training Sessions/ Goal Setting– Staff provides money management sessions to teach clients how to better manage money and resources. The sessions also include consumer education (such as the best places to shop and save money), budget development, establishing credit and credit score monitoring, nutrition education etc.
- Budget Counseling Sessions/Goal Setting –Budget counseling sessions are available to individuals and families to assist with managing household resources to avoid crisis situations, reduce debt, realize a savings and possibly establish credit. Client work with Success Coach to establish goals regarding their income, adopt family budgets, develop individualized plans and locate resources toward the achievement of the goals.
Hear about the our support services
- Work related clothing
- Day Care
- Other work requirement costs
- Referrals to appropriate Community Agencies
- Emergency Food Assistance – Clients that are participants in the CAF Self-Sufficiency Project may receive some donated food from the Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.
Hear about the senior assistance programs
CAF Senior Assistance program provides workshops to assist in improving your overall health within your financial budget. Apply now. Program highlights includes:
- Meal planning and food demonstrations
- With Every Heartbeat Curriculum
- Pre and Post health screenings
- Budget Management Training
- Health Risk Assessments
- Individual improved health development plans